Meet Mr. Thoreau The Political Activist
THE ISSUE OF VIOLENCE
1. Have you ever used violence against a person? What was the circumstance?
2. Have you ever been a victim of violence? Explain
3. Were you ever “spanked” by your parents? What do you think about this form of punishment?
4. Do you consider yourself a “non-violent” person? Is this a matter of principle with you? Are there situations in which you would use violence?
5. Is war immoral? Can violence ever be the moral choice?
6. Can the use of violence be justified in fighting a social injustice? If “yes,” give an example. If “yes,” where would you draw the limits?
All written material © Bill Schechter, 2016
Contact Bill Schechter